REAL ESTATE -COVID-19 and the Easing of Restrictions...
BUT COVID - 19 HIT! WHAT NOW?
REAL ESTATE IS DEEMED AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS... and as such all branches of real estate local, provincial and federal are doing their part to make it possible for us to conduct our business as safely as possible but let's be clear, it's not business as ususal.
What to expect... NO TOUCH REAL ESTATE IS HERE
1. Face to face meetings are restricted where ever possible
2. We'll utilize technology where possible, using digital signing software
3. We'll remain 6 feet/2 meters apart, at all times.
4. You'll be asked to complete and sign a COVID - 19 Discussion Guide which are assessments of health for all parties. For Buyers you'll need to sign one before proceeding with any viewing, every single time you go to do one.
5. You'll be required to sign a BUYER/SELLER HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT – COVID 19 in which you will agree to the following:
BUYER - "The Buyer in agreeing to view the property promises to save and hold harmless the Brokerage and its representatives from any and all COVID-19 related legal claims arising from their decision to view the property."
SELLER - "The Seller acknowledges that he/she has reviewed the Government of Alberta recommendations regarding COVID-19 and the risks of exposure to that virus. The Seller in allowing their property to be shown to prospective buyers promises to save and hold harmless the Brokerage and its representatives from any and all COVID-19 related legal claims arising from their allowing their property to be shown to prospective buyers."
You are encouraged to seek legal council before signing these agreements.
We encourage all parties to do their best to comply with safety regulations and requirements and as such recommend showings only when you find a property you are prepared to purchase. Be prepared for change as some Sellers will only allow showings after first receiving a conditional offer. Virtual tours are understandably, becoming more common.
What's been happening in the Calgary Real Estate Market since the lockdown? You might be suprised.
March 15, 2020 - May 13, 2020
ACTIVE - 2799
SOLD - 838
C/S - 78
ACTIVE - 1510
SOLD - 334
C/S - 28
ACTIVE - 1386
SOLD - 239
C/S - 12
If you're interested in knowing more please call and I'll be happy to speak with you. Best wishes to you and your families, I hope everyone is staying safe. Wishing you all good health.